The Greater Brisbane League (GBL) Committee met with representatives from the constituent Clubs and Regions on Saturday 29 May at Redlands Rays Baseball Club to discuss a review of the competitions and number of proposals that might be implemented within the competitions moving forward.
Presentations were delivered to the assembled representatives across three key areas; Senior Competitions, Junior Competitions and Rule Updates.
The GBL Committee identified some of their goals for the next two seasons as:
• To provide more game time for junior players – improve the value proposition.
• To facilitate improvements to the competitions for all that play.
• To encourage more coaches to develop more players in various positions.
• To align junior competition grades with Baseball Australia.
• To create more uniformity in rules between all levels of baseball.
• To provide more equitable competitions.
• To grow participation in all competitions.
BQ Game Development Director, David Badke was pleased with the level of engagement at the meeting stating “It’s great to be part of this consultation process, to hear all the views of the people involved working to improve the competitions. I look forward to the next GBL season”.
The GBL Committee will take some time now to digest and work through the feedback collected during the meeting and start to formulate resolutions on how to proceed for the coming season.