Baseball Queensland (BQ) today confirmed the development of the State Government resumption ‘Return to Play guide for Queensland sport, recreation and fitness industries’ guidelines to enable the ongoing preparations for the return to community sport (Baseball) activity.
As the landscape continues to evolve across the States and Territories and BQ’s management team, in collaboration with Baseball Australia (BA), is working through the National Principles for the Resumption of Sport and Recreation Activities. These principles set the precedent for the eventual return to community sports.
In order to safely return to activity, we must adhere to the principles found in the Queensland Governments Return to Play website. This framework was drafted by the Department of Sport and Recreation in collaboration with the Chief medical officer of Queensland.
You can view the website by clicking here www.covid19.qld.gov.au/returntoplay
BQ would like to emphasise that the document states that “No formal organised individual or team community sport or training (unless an exemption is approved) by the Chief Health Officer).” This will be in effect until the 11th of June when stage two of relaxations takes place. This can be found here: https://www.covid19.qld.gov.au/government-actions/roadmap-to-easing-queenslands-restrictions/sport/clubs-organisations
BQ has been building its Return to Activity Strategy with key aspects to support its members. The following resources have already been shared or will be made available during the coming months:
- Return to Throw Program: preparing players to return to baseball activity.
- Body Ready: video resources from our HP manager Shayne Watson, encouraging our athletes to keep healthy and in shape.
- Promoting the Baseball Australia National Coaching Accreditation
- Healthy Clubs Initiative: BQ has been creating resources to assist clubs in the effort to remain healthy, with the intent to grow our clubs post COVID-19.
- Return to Activity Roadmap
- Return to Activity Checklist
- Return to Activity FAQ sheet
For up-to-date information on keeping your family safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit the Queensland Health website HERE.
All further updates from Baseball Queensland will be available on the BQ website and will also be communicated by the BQ social media channels.