Baseball Queensland (BQ) is opening nominations for the volunteer position of BQ Board Of Management Minute Taker.
Below is the description for the volunteer position.
- We ask for a minimum one-year commitment for this position
- Ability to dedicate an average of 5 hours per month to review materials, attend meetings, take and transcribe notes, distribute minutes as noted below.
- Baseball Queensland’s Board of Management (BOM) meets the 3rd Thursday of each month from 6:30 pm to 9.00 pm. During Covid19 restrictions these meetings will take place online via Zoom
Additionally, BOM also hosts:
- Annual General Meeting
- Board planning days
- Commitment to the Strategic Direction of Baseball Queensland.
- Knowledge in board governance processes is an asset.
- Experience in minute taking and preparation of distributed Minutes and Action Plans.
- Be aware of and abstain from any conflict of interest.
- Be willing to sign and abide by volunteer policies (including but not limited to the standard confidentiality agreement).
- Excellent listening skills
- Accurate note-taking and keyboarding skills
- Ability to transcribe notes into standard format currently used by Board and / or committee using Word
Major Duties / Process:
- Receive and review prepared documents as distributed via email to board members prior to meetings (arrive with a copy for reference)
- Attend monthly meetings and AGM, arriving well before scheduled start time
- Record notes relevant to minutes
- Transcribe meeting notes into minutes format using Word
- Email first draft of minutes to Board and Commissioner for review within 48 hours
- Receive feedback/recommendations and revisions from Board
If this is a volunteer position that you are interested in, please send your nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Nominations will close by the 15th of May 2020.