Would your player excel in a more competitive baseball environment?
Are you looking for an opportunity for your son or daughter to develop alongside similarly skilled peers?
Baseball Queensland is excited to announce the inaugural program of the BQ U13 Development Program. This new program is designed specifically for players of Little League age (September 2007 to August 2010) for the coming 2020 season and gives them an opportunity to play 14 games against high-quality competition in preparation for club, representative and travel ball programs. The program will also serve as an introduction to the already established BQ Junior League Athletic Development Programs for older players.
The program will run Sunday afternoons for 7 weeks and features four teams of 12 players selected through region nomination, a trial day and draft. A double header format and modified LL rules will ensure more situational play, multiple opportunities for pitching and catching and higher-level baseball generally.
A six-week, four-team competition from Sunday, 21 July through Sunday, 25 August, with a finals tournament on Sunday, 1 September. Trials and Draft on Sunday, 14 July. Here are the details:
- 1.5 hour or 6-inning games.
- Afternoon doubleheaders for each team (between 1-4:30pm, 1pm and 3pm starts). A total of 14 games including “Championship” game and Third Place game.
- Games will be held at Hendra and fields/cages are available from noon on game days. Trainings are not mandatory and will be organised by the coaches as needed.
- Eligibility is for any Queensland player of “Div 1 level” who is of Little League age for 2019. (Born between 1 September, 2007 and 31 August, 2010. Younger players can PONAG up with approval of BQ and program director)
- All games will be at the Bannister Park Baseball Complex in Hendra.
- This competition would be administered by Baseball Queensland.
- Players must be registered through BQ.
- The four teams will be Bandits Black, Bandits Maroon, Bandits Gray and Bandits Gold. Each player will get a team shirt, black adjustable Bandits cap and can use club pants/socks/belt for the rest of their uniform.
- 1 June through 1 July: Players are invited by their regions to register via link to BQ online portal.
- Sunday, 14 July: Assessment day and draft at Bannister Park in Hendra. (This is the last weekend of Queensland School Holidays. Term 3 starts 15 July.)
- 21 July-25 August: Six weeks of Sunday afternoon double header games.
- 1 September: Finals tournament at Hendra.
Total cost per player = TBD
Contact your region to see if your child is eligable for participating in this program.
For more information please email Shayne Watson at firstname.lastname@example.org