Brisbane City Council wishes to provide links to services, grants and information to assist operations during the COVID-19 restrictions period. Please click on the links contained in this email to obtain further information.
- This site provides useful information about financial assistance available to not-for-profit organisations and community groups affected by the COVID-19 outbreak. It is updated daily or as they become aware of changes.
- Meaningful information exists about current Australian Tax Office, Jobkeeper, banks, superannuation and other relief measures on a national and state-based level for community organisations.
AUSTRALIAN CHARITIES & NOT-FOR-PROFIT COMMISSION
- Information about revised annual information statement submission requirements and ACNC compliance during COVID-19.
COMMUNITY ORGANISATION GRANT SUBSCRIPTION OPPORTUNITIES
- Australian Government Community Grants Hub features grant’s from Federal Government client agencies.
- Australian Government Grant Connect features a more sophisticated grant program portal. Beneficial for groups from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and programs focusing on socioeconomic projects.
- Australian Sports Foundation Giving for Grassroots features a subscription link to a grant funding program run federally.
- Sports Community – has a portal that can filter open grants for not-for-profits from government and commercial entities. Clubs will need to review each offering for eligibility.
QUEENSLAND GOVERNMENT SPORT & RECREATION GRANTS
The Queensland government has an evolving range of grant programs for community organisations.
COVID SAFE Active Clubs Kickstart – provides funding of $2,000 to sport or active recreation organisations so they can restart and continue delivery of physical activity opportunities to the Queensland community post-COVID-19. Council strongly recommends organisations consider applying for this scheme prior to its closure today 17 June 2020.
FairPlay Vouchers – Parents, carers or guardians can apply for a voucher valued up to $150.00 for their child, which can be used towards sport and active recreation membership, registration or participation fees with registered activity providers. Round 3 will open July 2020.
Active Restart Infrastructure Recovery Fund – Grants for minor capital works and support for clubs to purchase revenue-generating equipment to support Return to Play. Applications open in Stage 3.
Gambling Community Benefit Fund –Funding amounts range from $500 to $35,000. Currently closed, view link for funding round dates.
COMMERCIAL SECTOR GRANTS
SUNSUPER – Dreams for a better world
Sports grants to assist people of all ages and abilities to become more active. The Active Community Grant recipients may be able to share in $150,000 worth of funding. Funding applications close 26 June 2020.
Initially set up to support community groups impacted by natural disasters, the RACQ Foundation is now extending funding to support those impacted by COVID-19. Organisations can apply for funding through a COVID-19 application. Round 2 closes 17 July 2020
Community Support Grant Program – Up to $5,000 may be provided for eligible campaigns.