Sport and Recreation’s latest program to open as part of Activate! Queensland 2019-2029 is Active Community Infrastructure including Community Use of Schools.
The vision of the ten year sport and active recreation strategy is to get more Queenslanders moving more often by providing more opportunities, facilities and services to motivate communities.
Queensland has a proud history of success on the national and international stage, but it is a success we wouldn’t have if it wasn’t for our local clubs, organisations and schools.
Having great places and spaces to support physical activity for everyone is essential.
That is why the Queensland Government will continue its support of local communities by investing $52 million over three years to deliver around 150 projects that will:
- improve accessibility and provide a greater range of functionality and adaptability of places and spaces
- increase opportunities for individuals and communities to use places and spaces
- provide places and spaces that support broader community social and wellbeing outcomes
- inspire activity in high-need communities across Queensland
The investment will be considered against a range of principles which may include partnerships, collaboration, integration, inclusiveness and sustainability, as well as the community outcomes to be achieved by the project. Organisations can apply for projects of up to $1 million (GST exclusive).
- Friday 25 October 2019: Expressions of interest open
- Friday 22 November 2019: Expressions of interest close
- January 2020: Successful projects announced
Please contact your local Sport and Recreation Service Area Office for assistance with your project proposal.
For quick access to information, visit the below link and for queries, please contact your local advisor.